Saturday, May 10, 2014

May 10 -- Minnesota Hot Dish

I like when my vegetables are hidden. This past week, I made ravioli and alfredo sauce but I hid a package of spinach in the alfredo sauce. You have to get your greens in somewhere.

I never heard of hot dish until I listened to A Prairie Home Companion on NPR. It's the 40th anniversary of PHC this year and here's a feel good recipe that is great on a cold, winter night even though I made it on a warm, humid, middle spring night.

There is not much to say about it, ground beef, onions, a bag of mixed vegetables, cream of mushroom soup, cheese, and tater tots, all layered and baked at 400 for 20 minutes. The hard part is browning the ground beef.

The yield was one large dinner and two lunches. What will I do for Wednesday?

Here's the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment