Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday Kabobs

A quick, summertime (even though the winds scream winter isn't dead yet), dinner are kabobs. They meet my requirements of meat, vegetables, and eating food off a stick. Two of those things I enjoy, one I tolerate.

I made a Memphis-style dry rub more for ribs but I put it on the raw chicken after it was diced.

Here are the spices for the rub:
  • 1/2 cup paprika
  • 1/4 cup garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup chili powder
  • 3 tablespoons salt or adobo
  • 3 tablespoons black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons celery seeds
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 3 teaspoons cumin
 That makes a lot of rub. You can set it aside and use it on ribs or steak.

Chop your peppers into pieces about the same size as the grape tomatoes and skewer them. Two chicken breasts, a large pepper, and half a pound of grape tomatoes made 6 kabobs. Cook on the Foreman style grill for 12 minutes. It was 30 minutes from slicing into the chicken to eating dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment