Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 27 -- Oven Chicken Chimichangas

Back in la cocina today for a Mexican favorite. I wasn't sure what I'd be making until after midnight. I looked around and found this recipe for oven baked chimichangas.The only mistake I made this time around was using a metal spatula to flip the chimis. The metal and my forky spatula went right through the tortillas. Use a spoon if you choose to flip. After the five minute flip, I skipped the 10 minute flip. They still came out nice.

Using the salsa to cook was a fine idea but I didn't have enough so I subbed in 6 ounces of diced tomatoes. I topped the chimis with guacamole in a packet. I like to take the corner off and use it like I'm piping icing.

My recipe, although it said 'serves six' I made five, pretty much what the casserole could fit. I had two for dinner and I am very full. That leaves three for lunches or dinner this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment